Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blankies

I've been coming back to my crocheting and realized that I always start something but never finish. I'm currently working on 3 different afghans because I get bored of crocheting the same thing. I decided to stop doing that and get at least 1 done by March (it's on my 28 before 29 list). I think it's do-able since I only need about 13 more big granny squares to finish. I figured if I do 1 everyday then I will definitely reach my goal way before March. Does anyone have any good tutorials on how to join the squares together? It will be a huge accomplishment for me when I finally finish my blanket. I also want to learn how to make hexagons too. Here are some pretty blankets that are keeping me motivated and inspired.

(source)
I'm also going to crochet a pillow to match my blanket. I'm off to start my weekend. It involves cutting scenes together for my new documentary class and scouting possible subjects for it. It's kind of scary, we have to make a 30 min. doc by the week of June 14.
Have a great weekend, I'm going to try and spend it outside as much as possible. What do you have planned?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck getting them done! I have faith in you. I think I have faith because I cannot crochet to save my life. (I have the attention span of a circus monkey, and even worse hand eye coordination.) That second inspiration picture is perfect though. It makes me think of cozy couch afternoons with wine and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My attention span is also very short, when I crochet I have to have the t.v. and computer on just in case I miss something. Weird.
    And yes, wine+movies=PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete