Monday, January 10, 2011

Back in Business

I've been gone for a while and quite a lot has happened. I guess I just haven't been in the blogging mood due to the holidays and a cluttered apartment. I guess that saying is true: "A cluttered home is a cluttered mind".  I got through some of the clutter and at least now I have a decent living room. The holidays were fun, I received a Kindle which is something I've been wanting for a long time. I love it so much! Currently, I'm reading David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed in Flames. I'm hooked and I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing more books of his. 

For the new year, my friend and I made a bet of who would lose the most pounds in 6 months. The loser owes the winner $100. That's motivation enough for me. I wanted to blog my progress here but my opponent's girlfriend reads this blog. I don't want them getting any ideas. Heehee. All I can say is that I started the Insanity program and I've been eating better. My goal is to drop 20 lbs. if not, 1 dress size will do.

My friend and I are also planning a bridal shower and bachelorette party for our best friend who's getting married in June. We have an idea for centerpieces that involves milk glass vases. I didn't realize that they are hard to find in thrift stores so we headed to the Rose Bowl Flea Market. It was my first time there so I was excited. We found only 2 of the 7 milk glass vases that we need and I also found a Polaroid Spectra for $10. I was stoked because I had been stocking up on film in hopes that I could find my Spectra somewhere in my storage unit. I still haven't found it so I'll be using this one until I do. So that means...Motel Polaroid Mondays are back in business. Starting next Monday. So that has been my life so far, I'll try to keep this more up to date often.

-Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment