Friday, June 11, 2010

Sew Friday

After having purchased a few old dresses from yard sales and thrift stores, I decided to show what I have reconstructed do far.
I got this dress at a yard sale for $3, it was not that complicated to reconstruct, I just wish I took a better before picture of it. It was way too long and you can't quite see here but it also had puffy sleeves that I wanted to get rid of.

So I shortened the dress and made the sleeves into straps. I pretty much loved the way the dress looked but now I customized it for me.

This next dress I bought brand new a couple of years ago and I've had it collecting dust in my closet as it didn't fit my style anymore, however I still love the pattern on it.

It also had this beautiful crocheted detail. I carefully removed this detail and I'll probably make a headband out of it. This was the only thing that was keeping this dress together so then I just sewed black elastic to the waistband. And voila, a skirt.

I like it way more as a skirt now and I'm glad I didn't get rid of it. I will work on some more dresses later but this is what I accomplished this week.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment